- All fliers at the RCFA Flying Field must have a membership or an authorized guest of a member.
- New members should register within a period of four weeks if they are attending regular flying sessions.
- Fliers will obey all RCFA rules. Know and follow the Safety Code before flying. Fliers are also expected to be in compliance with Civil Aviation Authority of Sri Lanka (CAASL) as defined and enforced.
- If sharing a frequency, fliers are expected to communicate and cooperate to avoid frequency conflicts.
- Fliers are to conduct flights from between the flight safety line and pit area with respect and consideration of other active fliers.
- Announce vocally “takeoffs”, “landings”, and “on the field”.
- Always ensure the safety of the peoples around you. Unless hand launching, take off from and land on the runway. Do not take off from the pits or from behind other pilots.
- Flying is to be restricted to designated flight area as documented. In particular, never fly over pilots, pit area, spectators, vehicles, the main park area or private homes.
- Be aware, in all cases, full-scale aircraft MUST be avoided. Use of a spotter is encouraged, especially for beginners. Flying alone is not advised because of low flying full-scale aircraft.
- For helicopters and multirotors, there shall be no spinning blades behind the flight line.
These rules are not intended to replace common sense and common courtesy as they apply to all activities/ operations
at the Club Field.
FAILURE TO COMPLY COULD INVALIDATE AMA INSURANCE COVERAGE FOR YOU AND THE CLUB, COULD CAUSE
REVOCATION OF YOUR CLUB MEMBERSHIP, OR COULD EVEN CAUSE THE CLUB TO LOSE FLYING PRIVILEGES AT THE
PARK. WE MUST ALL BE DILIGENT IN FOLLOWING AND ENFORCING THESE RULES